It is only November, but commercial preparations for Christmas start back in August and September or even earlier. November is the time to think about your holiday plans, Thanksgiving even, or your ideas about what to cook and what to bake for the Christmas season. One of the most renowned Christmas culinary traditions is baking.
- The French produce Buche de Noel, in the UK called Yule Log or Christmas log; a log shaped cake.
- The Germans are known for their Stollen, a bread made from fruits and nuts.
- The Spanish are proud of their Roscon de Reyes or "Three King's Bread", a sweet yeast bread made from fruits and almonds.
- In Italy there is Panettone, a lemon flavored bread made with raisins.
- The English love their plum pudding, fruitcakes and mincemeat pies. And in America Christmas cookies, bread pudding, pies, cakes such as fuitcakes among other traditional treats.
Merry Christmas and happy baking!